About Grand River Financial Solutions
Our goal and responsibility is to know you, your family and priorities and to prepare a customized plan turning your dreams and goals into realities.
Give us a call to get started today at 519-650-8111
Connect with the Team
Financial Security Advisor, Investment Representative
Phone: 519-650-8111 ext. 218
My goal as a financial security advisor is simply to do well for clients. I pride myself on creative problem-solving, and looking to make sure that clients are cared for to the best of my ability.
My primary interest is always in building relationships. My belief is that the same consideration should be given to those at the onset of a financial security plan, as is given to clients with complex business and personal holdings. Among the many services I provide are estate planning, plans for personal and business interests, ensuring long and short-term financial strategies and tax reduction strategies are addressed. The most important thing is that these support structures are in place, helping provide us the luxury to live for today knowing we are prepared for tomorrow.
I have had the privilege of being in business for many years, with Fortune 500 companies and as an international entrepreneur. Through this I have garnered experience in marketing, business fundamentals and conceptual networking. I understand the needs of employees as well as management, which places me in a unique position to meet the needs of a varied clientele.
One thing I am very passionate about is world travel. I have lived all over the world, and am comfortable speaking in English, French, Arabic and Spanish. In our current world it is more important now than ever to be aware of cultural sensitivities. I am able to bring this experience and consideration to each new situation.
Lisa Lishman, CFP
Financial Security Advisor, Investment Representative
Phone: 519-650-8111 ext 229
My goal as a financial planner who specializes in tax reduction planning is to focus on what's important to clients. I believe strongly in planning well to live well. A keen understanding of what clients’ need and want is key to achieving their financial and personal goals.
I believe that trust is crucial to good financial planning, and I am proud to have many long-term client relationships.
I am a Certified Financial planner with nearly 20 years experience in financial strategizing and tax reduction planning. I often say that I wear three hats, and they're all related. These are insurance, investments and tax reduction planning. They represent a comprehensive financial plan that, when strategies are in place, will allow us independence knowing there is a plan for tomorrow so that we can live for today.
I am privileged to help you with goal-oriented financial strategies, estate planning, personal and business interests, insurance needs and tax reduction.
Community involvement has always been a big part of my life. I have been an active charter member of the Kitchener-Waterloo Community Spirit Lions Club since 1997 and am a proud recipient of the Helen Keller Fellowship Award. As well, I volunteer with the Mascot committee for the annual Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest festival and am involved with the board of directors for Carizon. Giving back to our community actively and strategically as a board member keeps me grounded. Engaging in community needs broadens my understanding with how a group of ordinary people work together to achieve extraordinary things.
I am a social sportsperson, and love to run, cycle, swim, golf, travel, and relax on the patio with a glass of wine.
Phone 519-650-8111 ext 265
I joined London Life in 2007 after several years of professional customer service experience. I am delighted that I joined Grand River Financial Solutions in April 2013 to serve as an Executive Assistant for the team.
Products and Services
We believe that it is important to engage in a comprehensive needs analysis with each of our clients. This is to uncover any areas of opportunity or concern that really matters to you.
Our holistic financial security planning approach looks at all areas of your financial life, focusing on the area’s most important to you. Areas we consider: tax reduction, budgeting, insurance and risk management along with savings, and investment strategies.
We expect this integrated wealth management process will evolve over time and maximize results for you. This process is an ongoing, relationship building confidence with our goal to empower your future.
STEP ONE: Initial Meeting: Assessing Needs.
- The initial meeting determines a fit and establishes a foundation in how to best work together. We discuss your current financial position, financial planning needs and initial concerns.
- The goal of this meeting is to determine where you are currently and where you want to be. Taking an inventory assessment provides us a snap shot for today and aids in determining financial and life goals.
- We begin by studying your individual circumstances and making recommendations on the optimal way for you to get your plan in motion.
STEP TWO: Recommendations
- Presentation of a financial security plan that was designed specifically for you, based on your needs and goals.
- During this meeting appropriate solutions are discussed and the role they play in the overall plan.
- Continued discussion and questionnaires are used to determine an investment structure that best suits your goals and downside protection.
STEP THREE: Monitoring and Molding
- Your GRFS financial security planning process is a life-long journey and constant moving target.
- Regular meetings are imperative to keep your overall plan up to date and report any changing life circumstances to ensure you meet you objectives. Such incidences could include births, job change, new home or cottage just to name a few.
- Mar 8: Dispatches from a Pandemic: ‘There is haunting silence’: This is life in Italy, one year after national lockdown to stop the spread of COVID-19
- Mar 8: : ‘Would you consider working for me?’ Clubhouse, the invite-only social network, is a hotbed for job interviews
- Mar 8: The Moneyist: My wife spent $50K on cosmetic procedures. It horrifies me to see so much money being blown on something so frivolous’